No, this is not a quilt book review site. Yes, my last post was about the the fabulous blogger and art quilter Kathy Loomis’s new book, and yes today’s blog is about Wendy Hill and Pat Pease’s new book Creative Quilt Challenges published by C&T Publishing.
I did not plan it this way. It just happened. There were supposed to be a half a dozen other ideas discussed between now and then, but it didn’t happen.
I think I will take the top ten approach again.
- Challenges are fun and it is a really cool idea to write a book about them.
- Wendy and Pat are fabulous duo.
- The quilts in this book are fabulous. The quilter’s eye candy here is top notch.
- This is a book about the journey which is always better than the destination. Pat and Wendy share their stories which is inspiring.
- Amazon customer review for this book is a FIVE big stars, and that is a good sign.
- The first challenge is my favorite—Reimagine and Old Block—I am always in favor of that. Here is one of Pat’s reimagined quilts using the log cabin quilt block. And here is what Wendy thought about the block. Pretty cool eh?
- They don’t just finish the tops—they also talk about the quilting.
- The book is filled with handy tips about how to do things as well as good suggestions about quilting tools and notions.
- Wendy and I are email pen pals. So, it is super fun to be a part of her successful book in this way.
- I think the format of this book is contemporary and reader friendly. Check out the chapter page. It makes you want to read on.
And there are two more good things to share.
First of all, if you want to know more about the book and meet some new bloggers you can follow along here. For ten days bloggers will be talking about what they like about the book.
Blog Tour Calendar
Monday, March 28: Lynn Merrill with C&T Publishing
Tuesday, March 29: Maria Shell That’s me!
Wednesday, March 30: Sandra Clemons
Thursday, March 31: Tierney Hogan
Friday, April 1:Gina at BOLT Fabric Boutique
Monday, April 4: Yvonne Fuchs
Tuesday, April 5: Kristin Shields
Wednesday, April 6: Paula Mariedaughter
Thursday, April 7: Teri Lucas
Friday, April 8: Wendy Hill, wendyhill.net/blog
And finally, I am giving away a hard copy (international winners get a digital version) of the book right here on my blog! Leave me a comment telling me why you want this book in your quilting library. Next Tuesday—April 4, 2016—I will put everyone’s name in a hat and pick a winner.
I used this random number generator to select the winner. The first time I got the number 80 which was too high. The second time I got the number 49. The 49th comment was made by Denneen who is the lucky winner! Thank you all for commenting. This was fun, and I think I will do it again. Look for a review of Nysha Nelson’s free motion quilting DVD this month. I will be giving away a copy to one lucky winner!