I am super excited to share Deborah Boschert’s first book Art Quilt Collage: A Creative Journey in Fabric, Paint and Stitch. This is Deborah.
And this is her book.
I have always admired Deborah’s work. I love the layering, the symbols, the handmade stitches, the color, and the texture. It all works as far as I am concerned.
Deborah and I met at the International Quilt Festival in Houston through our mutual support of SAQA. Since then, we’ve been email pals and even though we live three time zones apart, we’ve even managed to have dinner together on occasion. Last spring at the SAQA Philadelphia conference, the Texas and Alaska contingencies along with a few Oregon interlopers met for a fabulous meal.
This is all to say that I was delighted to be invited to participate in the blog hop celebrating this new book. What are my top ten reasons for loving this book?
1. The visuals are amazing. You truly get an up close and personal look at Deborah’s work.
2. The book is comprehensive. Deborah walks you through all the steps from generating ideas to applying the finishing touches to your work.
3. The information is broken down into bite size chunks that make it all seem do-able.
4. Deborah shares some great ways to get creative. She calls them “See What Happens” and they work!
5. Deborah’s hand work is exquisite, and you know how I feel about fine craftsmanship.
6. We both like chairs.
7. Deborah and I both graduated from the University of Kansas William Allen White School of Journalism. That means the book is honest and well-written because that is how we do it in Kansas.
8. Deborah made a video chat with each of the bloggers in her hop. Here is the video talk we had about the book.
9. The chapter on Design and Composition is worth the price of the entire book. I loved it!
10. You can win a copy of this book right here. Yes. That is right. Leave a comment here sharing what interests you most about Deborah’s work. I will randomly select one lucky winner when the hop is over. That means you have until midnight Alaska time on September 30th to leave a comment. If you live in the states, C&T Publishing will send you a hard copy. If you are international, they will send you an electronic version of the book.
This blog hop still has several more stops. I hope you will visit all the blogs to read what they had to say about Deborah’s fabulous book and listen to their videos. Here is the schedule.
Art Quilt Collage: A Creative Journey in Fabric, Paint and Stitch
Book Release Blog Hop with Video Chats!
September 19: C&T Publishing and Editor Lynn Koolish
September 20: Teri Lucas, Generation Q Magazine
September 21: Susan Brubaker Knapp
September 22: Sue Bleiweiss
September 23: Lyric Kinard
September 26: Lori Kennedy
September 27: Maria Shell
September 28: Jane LaFazio
September 29: Judy Coates Perez
September 30: Melanie Testa
What interestes me most about Deborah’s work is that it is wildly original, incredibly heartfelt, and impeccably handcrafted.
END NOTE– Thank you all for commenting. I think it is the most comments I have ever had on a blog post! I used an online random number selector to choose the winner. The number was 18 and Pam Rocco was the 18th comment, so she is the lucky winner! Thank you all!